The management of Future Safe Security & Fire recognises the importance of providing all employees, visitors and contractors with a safe and healthy work environment.
Our goal is to prevent all work place injuries and illness.
The company will seek to achieve this by;
- Identifying and reducing the risks of all types of work activities that have the potential to produce personal injury or occupational illness.
- Providing instruction, training and supervision to improve individual’s understanding of workplace hazards, including safe work practices, methods and emergency procedures.
- Involving individuals in Work Health and safety matters and consulting with them on ways to recognise, evaluate and control workplace hazards. Ensuring that everyone (including visitors and contractors) complies with appropriate standards and workplace directions to protect their own and others health and safety at work.
- Providing adequate systems and resources to effectively manage rehabilitation and return to work processes.
- Staff involvement in development of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Toolbox talks carried out in a open environment where staff are encouraged to identify any issues or safety concerns.
- The company will implement and maintain an ongoing Work Health and Safety Program, including conducting regular inspections of the workplace aimed at preventing accidents and incidents
All managers and supervisors are responsible and accountable for the safety of employees, contractors and company property/plant under their control. Managers and supervisors are responsible for ensuring all regulations, procedures and safe work practices are followed at all times.
All employees and contractors are expected to;
- Follow all company safety requirements, SWMS, guidelines and relevant codes of practice.
- Work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area.
- Follow our drug and alcohol policy.
- Staff are not permitted to perform any work activity if influenced by alcohol, prescription or illegal drugs.
- Informing management if a new prescription medication is started that may effect work safety.
- Report or rectify any unsafe conditions that come to their attention.
- Actively participate in safety improvement activities and toolbox talks.